Want to plan your luxury stopover in Perth? Read on for our pick of the best luxury hotels in Perth. Whether you need a place to rest pre or post walk, or a base for several days exploring, our list has you covered.
If you last visited Perth 5 or 10 years ago, chances are you may not recognise it today. Such is the transformation that’s occurred in recent years with the wonderful Elizabeth Quay development on the Swan River, new food and wine precincts in the revitalised CBD and eastern end of town, countless new small bar openings and colourful laneways to explore, and Perth’s new Optus Stadium. With so many reasons to visit, its lucky Perth has also seen a burst of new boutique and luxury hotel openings. Here are our top 6 luxury hotels in Perth –
- COMO The Treasury Hotel – The Treasury Hotel rightfully sits at the top of our list, following its recognition in 2016 as Australia’s Best Hotel by Gourmet Traveller, and second place in CondeNaste’s list of the Best Hotels in the World. The Treasury has very spacious rooms, complimentary local in-room bar, a wonderful pool and Spa, and arguably Perth’s best restaurants including roof-top sensation Wildflower (pictured). What more could you want?!
- Alex Hotel – This stylish boutique hotel is located in the middle of Perth’s cultural and entertainment centre, Northbridge, about 10 minutes from the CBD. There is a home away from home feel at Alex Hotel, with guests able to help themselves to wine from the honour bar system and complimentary breakfast and coffee available in the guest espresso bar each morning. Complimentary bikes also allow guests to explore the neighbourhood. The rooftop terrace has stunning views of the Perth skyline, and Shadow winebar downstairs is a great place to enjoy dinner.
- Westin Hotel Perth – Lets start with the infinity edge pool – we love it, and we think it fits right in with the wellness theme that runs through the Westin Perth. With the ability to borrow workout gear and use the onsite fitness studio, a superfoods inspired menu, and Bodhi J Spa to unwind in, this is a great place to stay if you want to really look after yourself while in Perth. Guy Grossi’s newest restaurant, Garum, provides the perfect on-site dining experience, serving up Italian in a sophisticated and relaxed environment.
- Intercontinental Perth City Centre – The Intercontinental boasts an enviable location right in the middle of the CBD, so it is the place to stay if you are visiting for business or just want to be close to the CBD bar scene or King Street shopping precinct. The Hotel has a great concierge team and is close to the theatre and other attractions, so there are plenty of options for how to spend your time once here. The rooms are modern and sophisticated, a relaxing space to return to when you’re ready to escape the action of the city centre.
- Frasers’ Suites Perth – The suites at Frasers are very modern and comfortable, and the on-site restaurant is top quality with some great healthy options available. With the new Perth stadium close by, and more going on in Perth’s eastern end than ever before, the location close to the river is also well suited to visitors wanting to explore beyond the CBD.
- Crown Towers Perth – Hotels located within casino complexes are not for everyone, but there is much to love about the new Crown Towers Perth. The rooms and king-size beds are incredibly comfortable and the soaking tub and river views will make you not want to leave your room. If you do venture out, the new pool area will keep adults and kids happy; choose between the large spas, in-pool sun loungers, private cabanas, outdoor sports bar and kids games area. The food and wine scene at Crown also has something for everyone, with some of Perth’s most renowned chefs under the one roof. Choose between Nobu, Rockpool, Bistro Guilliame and many others. The quality of the breakfast buffet here is also worth a mention, and did we mention the chocolate fountain. Enough said.